President & CEO - Info Plus(+) Accounting®
30+ years accounting experience including:
- 20+ years – President & Founder, Info Plus Accounting
- 6 years – Internal Auditor, Great Lakes Bancorp
- 8 years – Management Accounting Manager, Great Lakes Bankcorp
- 3 years – CPA/Accounting Staff, Regional accounting firm
Current certifications and Awards:
- Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor (all years)
[only 2% of ProAdvisors are Advanced Certified]
- Certified QuickBooks Enterprise ProAdvisor - (Intuit) (all years)
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor
- Certified QuickBooks Consultant - (Sleeter Group Consulting Network)
- 2016 "Top Niche ProAdvisor" & "Top 10 ProAdvisor"
(Insightful Account) [from a field of 150,000 ProAdvisors]
- 2015 “Top 100 ProAdvisor” (Insightful Accountant)
- 2014 “Top 100 ProAdvisor” (Insightful Accountant)
Prior certifications and experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (15 years licensed/practicing - currently registered but focused on management accounting)
- Certified Internal Auditor (earned and utilized during banking career)
- Intuit MasterBuilder Professional Advisor (no longer supporting this software)
- NAHB University of Housing Instructor - (National Association of Home Builders: "Business Accounting and Job Cost” and “Financial Management” courses)
In 1994, Diane Gilson created Info Plus(+) Accounting® to help business owners establish job-cost accounting systems so they can access critical day-to-day operations data using QuickBooks as their primary management accounting tool. Her online workshops offer job-cost and management accounting training using QuickBooks and Intuit Enterprise Solutions, as well as in-house products, to teach, trouble-shoot, and coach clients and other accounting professionals throughout the United States.
Diane brings more than 30 years of professional accounting experience to her QuickBooks consulting practice. After beginning her career as a licensed CPA for a regional firm, she spent 14 years at Great Lakes Bankcorp, first as an internal auditing manager, then as management accounting manager where she established bank-wide planning, goal-setting, budget processing, accountability reporting, and activity-based cost-profitability measurement systems.
Diane’s passion is designing, customizing, and upgrading accounting systems for small to mid-sized construction and manufacturing companies. She loves a challenge and specializes in helping clients turn financial chaos into clarity and profitability. Diane doesn’t believe any accounting topic is too complicated for her clients to understand and implement. As a result, she successfully teaches all levels of technique in her online workshops and one-on-one consultations. As a published author, speaker, and professional QuickBooks trainer with over 30 years accounting experience, Diane is viewed as a leader in her fields of expertise.
She has published works in:
- Nations’ Building News Online
- Intuit’s QuickBooks Pro Advisor Newsletter
- ProConnection Newsletters
- Other industry publications
Diane has also authored, developed the following tools (available through the Info Plus Accounting webstore):
- Online training: “Construction Accounting & Management Program” workshops (Internet-based seminars)
- QuickBooks Template: AccountingPRO™ - a robust QuickBooks temlate & support system
- A variety of Excel-oriented accounting support analyzers, tools, and accounting procedures
- Book: Accounting with QuickBooks for Home Builders & Remodelers
Diane’s expertise and industry experience has earned her a variety of speaking engagements for organizations, including the Michigan Association of CPAs, CAP (Contractors’ Assistance Program), the (NARI) Remodel America (National) Show, the Dwyer Group, the Midwest Builders’ Shows, the Custom Builders Symposium, the National Remodelers’ Shows (six annual shows), the International Builders’ Show (twelve annual shows) and various other national, regional, and local construction shows and training seminars.