#0200 - Using Management Reports to Improve Your Bottom Line (QuickBooks + Management Accounting Training)
How to design 7 critical reports
that help business owners
make smarter operating decisions...
Useful, accurate management accounting reports are vital to running a successful business. This seminar walks through seven reports you can use to control and increase your bottom line.
And how do you get those reports? We'll help you explore and understand how the Top 10 structural components in QuickBooks are used to build your customized management accounting reports. If you have a construction business, you'll also find insights based on our many years of specialization in your industry.
Begin with your ultimate information and decision-making needs
- Management accounting reports you want to see as your end-product.
- Two primary report-display levels for QuickBooks data.
- For construction companies, specific accounting report examples.
- Big-picture reports.
- Accounting drill-downs.
- Corrections to recent transactions.
Use these reports to enhance your business results:
- Balance Sheet – information you need before you meet with your banker, for example.
- Receivables & Payables – use these reports to enhance your cash flow
- Profit & Loss by Job Report – quickly see income, costs, and gross profit by job.
- Job Cost by Job Stage and Profitability Report – show job income and costs to date
- Estimated vs. Actual Income and Cost by Job Stage Report
- Variance Reports - adding value to your company
- Accounting issues surrounding Work in Process (WIP).
- Time Reports - time does equal money
+ How employee hours become the building blocks for payroll.
+ Assign employee costs and labor burden automatically to jobs.
+ Monitor estimated vs. actual hours as a job progresses.
+ Determine “billable” vs. “non-billable” hours.
+ Preview hours before payroll is prepared.
Build a powerful, flexible, scalable accounting system –
This "QuickBooks Top 10 building blocks overview" gives you creative insight:
- Chart of Accounts – Learn how this chart lays the foundation for everything you do (no matter your industry!).
- Item List – Explore which transactions require the use of "items."
- Item List – Constructing the Item List to track and subtotal detailed job costs.
- Customer:Job List – Why it's important and how it should be used.
- Job Types Lists – Use these for further insight, just like the customer types list.
- Custom Fields – Leverage them to your full advantage.
- Vendor List – See how much can be derived from your Vendor List.
- Employee List – Fitting it into the payroll scenario.
- Payroll Item List
– Learn how Payroll Items interact with Time Sheets, the Employee List, and Payroll.Customer Types List
– Sort by categories you select, using the data for valuable niche, trend, and profitability analysis.
Creating a brand new company file in QuickBooks
- When does it make sense to create a new QuickBooks file? And what's the process?
- Must you always enter opening balances into a new company file?
- What kinds of data can you easily transfer from one company file to another?
- Is your company file becoming too large?
See – Listen – Touch – Ask – Learn ...
You'll see the seminar on your screen, hear the instructor as she guides you through concepts and techniques, and use your keyboard to enter certain keystrokes. Voluntary "Quick Quizzes" are provided at intervals throughout the course, so you know what you’ve mastered and what you might want to review. As an added bonus, you can email Info Plus with questions about the course material. One of our experts will personally respond to you within 1-2 business days.
Additional Training & Reference Materials Included:
When you enroll, you'll receive a file with at least 15-20 pages of class reference materials. Use the handouts during the presentation to take notes, then keep your documents for reference when you're working with your own QuickBooks accounting system. You also can access the training module in the future if you want to review it again. $97
Learn about #0300 - QuickBooks Tips & Techniques (Part 1)
or Click Here to Save 30% on all 5 Training Courses