#0400 - QuickBooks Tips & Techniques - Part 2 (QuickBooks + Management Accounting Training)
Unlock, Customize, Memorize:
you don't want to miss!
Ready for 26 more ways to optimize a fully-functional management accounting system? Based on years of experience in QuickBooks, including extensive work in construction industry accounting, Info Plus President Diane Gilson shares insights for using four additional structural components:
The Vendor List – Unlocking the power of the Vendor List
- How do we use the “Auto-recall” feature to make data entry faster and more accurate?
- If we make various payments to one vendor, can we still use “Auto Recall?"
- When establishing a new vendor, should we enter their first bill as the “Opening Balance?"
- Can we set reminders to warn us when our trade or sub-contractors’ insurances are expiring?
- Is there a way to get the customer ID number will automatically print on checks and bill payments?
- Can we automate the inclusion of due dates on a vendor’s bill?
Forms – Customizing the documents you send to customers and vendors
- How many variations of a given form can we create?
- Is it necessary to build forms or can we use pre-built templates?
- Can forms be “colorized”?
- How do we add our company logo?
- Is it possible to set certain information to be visible on the screen but not print on a form?
- Can we print certain information on one form, but NOT on another?
- How do we add custom fields to forms?
- What if we want to include contract wording on our forms?
- Is there a way to preview a form before saving it?
Memorized Transactions – Saving time, enhancing accuracy, automating entries
- How do we post recurring transactions?
- Can we change the “programmed” posting method for a memorized transaction?
- How do we modify the contents of a memorized transaction without actually posting it?
- Is there a way to easily identify memorized transactions when reviewing detailed transaction reports?
Memorized Reports – Naming, organizing, grouping, accessing, displaying & printing standard, specialty, and temporary reports
- How and why might we want to create memorized reports?
- How should we name memorized reports?
- Can we create pre-determined reports easily?
- Can we create a screen icon to instantly display frequently used reports?
See – Listen – Touch – Ask – Learn ...
You'll see the seminar on your screen, hear the instructor as she guides you through concepts and techniques, and use your keyboard to enter certain keystrokes. Voluntary “Quick Quizzes” are provided at intervals throughout the course, so you know what you've mastered and what you might want to review. As an added bonus, you can email Info Plus with questions about the course material. One of our experts will personally respond to you within 1-2 business days.
Additional training & reference materials included:
When you enroll, you'll receive a file with at least 15-20 pages of class reference materials. Use the handouts during the presentation to take notes, then keep your documents for reference you're working with your own QuickBooks accounting system. You also can access the training module in the future if you want to review it again. $97
If this class looks interesting, and you haven't taken it yet, be sure to check out Class #0300 - QuickBooks Tips & Techniques - Part 1