A clean, easy start (or start over) for your QuickBooks construction file
Save hours and errors with a pre-built solution
AccountingPROTM QuickBooks Template
Save time – get it right – then grow into advanced features,...
AccountingPRO™ helps construction industry business owners (or their accountants) quickly and effectively use the powerful and advanced capabilities of QuickBooks. Start with the basics and grow into advanced features as desired.
The pre-built, customizable file includes:
- Chart of Accounts with more than 350 potential accounts (properly titled and numbered for the construction industry).
- Item List with more than 336 potential construction-stage categories and 1,500 items individually linked to the Chart of Accounts.
- Pre-set jobs to track overhead costs such as vehicles, equipment, admin, etc. (to support advanced job-costing).
- Payroll Item List to track specific construction activities and labor costs.
- Special Payroll Items for automatic labor burden allocations.
- More than 60 sample transactions - use them to post actual entries!
- Other pre-built Lists - Payment Method List, Terms List, Vendor Type List, and Customer Type List.
- Pre-selected Company File Preferences needed by construction companies.
AccountingPRO™ also includes extensive training materials and documentation:
- Accounting with QuickBooks For Builders and Remodelers — This 315-page book by Diane Gilson ($27 value - pdf-format) is your reference source for underlying accounting concepts, insights, controls, procedures, and management tips. Reader-friendly text helps non-accountants understand construction accounting basics, while illustrations and step-by-step instructions guide the user through the basic entries that lead to useful reports.
- AccountingPRO™ User's Guide
The user-friendly manual guides users through the initial start-up process and opening entries, and offers a variety of extra topics for those wishing to fully utilize advanced construction industry features. (82 pages)
Works with the following QuickBooks editions (including Contractors Edition):
- QuickBooks Pro & Premier 2007 through current version
- QuickBooks Enterprise Version 2007 through current version
When ordering, please indicate your current version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise in the notes section.
Note - License valid for one company and one computer $297
"I chose AccountingPRO™ over other QuickBooks® systems available to builders because of its capability to provide traditional accounting reports as well as the detailed job cost reports that I wanted. I also find that it is very flexible. This is important to me because I handle a variety of jobs, including architectural design, building, and remodeling and I find that I can easily adapt it to my company's unique circumstances. It lets me create my own job costing system inside its prebuilt structure.
Additionally, we use a variety of invoicing methods--lump sum, percentage of completion, and cost plus, and AccountingPRO™ works well with QuickBooks® to allow me to use these variations. I also like how I can adapt the system to work with a separate estimating software and database. After a contract is signed, I will re-create the estimate in the AccountingPRO™ template. I then use the estimate as a guide to create purchase orders, which in turn easily convert to bills that are automatically assigned to the correct jobs and job stage codes. Then I can see reports that compare my estimates to income and costs, and adjust my estimating database accordingly."
Your AccountingPRO™ template has helped me nail down my estimating and accounting system. I know that this is a system that will grow and adapt to my needs for future growth".
The Forward Group
Ann Arbor, MI